Good news awaits us Odias! In a historic move towards environment conservation, Odisha government has completely banned single-use plastic in parts of the state, joining the ranks of Maharashtra and UP. CM has claimed that #noplasticodisha is going to make the state 100% plastic-free in the upcoming two years.
“Plastic is harmful to the environment and for the future of our children and civilization. Taking this into account, the government has decided to permanently ban plastic from Odisha”, he asserted with firm determination. He also urged people to plant a sapling during monsoon.PTI
I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE AIR WE BREATHE AND THE WATER WE DRINK. IF OVERFISHING CONTINUES, IF POLLUTION CONTINUES, MANY OF THESE SPECIES WILL DISAPPEAR OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH.
Odisha’s major cities including state capital Bhubaneswar, and other big players such as Cuttack, Puri, Berhampur, Sambalpur and Rourkela will be the first to be adapting to the CM’s environment-friendly announcement applicable from October 2nd, which marks Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary. The government is going to impose a ban on the use of plastic bags, polythene and single-use plastic items in the entire state.
Odisha produces around 27,859 tonnes of plastic waste per annum. That’s a lot!!!
Notable sand artist and awareness propagator Sudarshan Patnaik has created a 55 ft long & 30ft wide sand sculpture of a turtle at Puri beach, Odisha and he used plastic bottles on it with the message “Beat plastic pollution”. Kudos to him.
#whereisyourcottonbag is the latest hype amongst the youths of Cuttack & Bhubaneswar to keep the debate around polythene ban alive.
Adding force to the movement, celebrities from sports and acting fields have supported the initiative wholeheartedly.
Do you want to join the #noplasticodisha movement too? Read on.
10 ways to beat the plastic demon
1. Ban the Bottle:
2. Straws Suck:
3. Keep It in a Cone:
4. A Better Bag: Replace plastic bags with jute bags/cloth bags. Carry your bags with you for your chores and shopping instead of using plastic bags which you will end up throwing in the dustbin anyway. As birthdays or special occasions approach, rethink the packing and throwaway goodies in paper goodie bags.
5. A Leaner Lunch: Instead of packing your sandwiches in plastic bags, reach for reusable wrappers or pack them in steel and glass tiffin boxes.
6. Buy in Bulk: Purchase items like popcorn kernels, cereal, and pasta in bulk to cut down on packaging waste, then pull out your tote bag to take it all home. Retain the glass containers from your grocery for reusing.
7. Trash Troopers
9. Eco-friendly Home:
10. Microbeads: Those little plastic scrubbers found in so many beauty products like facial scrubs, toothpaste, body washes, might look harmless, but their tiny size allows them to slip through water-treatment plants. Unfortunately, they also look just like food to some marine animals. Opt for products with natural exfoliants, like oatmeal or salt, instead. Or better make your own DIYs for hair and skin at home.
Note – I have jotted down many more interesting articles and hacks on similar topics. To read, click on the links below.
- Who Are the Stars Coming to the Closing Ceremony of Hockey World Cup
- BALI JATRA – CUTTACK – THE TOP INDIAN FAIR
- HOW TO PREVENT WEIGHT GAIN DURING DIWALI
- Top 5 Lip Balms To Fight Dry Lips This Winter
- 9 Outfit Ideas in 9 Colors for NAVRATRI
Keventers, the creator of the iconic milkshake, is known its signature glass bottles. The famed brand is known not only for its delectable milkshakes, but it is also popular for its trendy paper straws and reusable glassware. The adoption of bio-degradable substances has lent a unique identity to the veteran milkshake-maker in the market today.
Here is what Keventers has to say about #noplasticodisha and the future of a plastic-free nation:-
Plastic is getting extremely involved in our lives, which is NOT good. Presently, in Bhubaneswar and across all major cities, everything starting from an invitation card to any item of consumption is wrapped in plastic. And we are all going to be drowning and choking in plastic soon if this problem is not curbed. Let’s not forget that we inherited the magnanimous city of temples and the whole planet as well from our ancestors. We have to give it back to our next generation in survivable, if not pristine, conditions.
Hi! I am Sushree. I am a JILL of many trades. Here I am with my mantras for fashion, fitness, beauty, wellness, tattoos, canine love, positivity, and much more. I have learnt them through hit and trial methods. I’ll be your friend in finding your unique personality and make you shine, smile and sparkle. Show your love and trust. Keep Calm, Be You and Be a Unicorn!